I’m Thankful for … Trail Mix
This Thanksgiving, we all have much for which to be thankful. I did a quick search for Thanksgiving trail mix, and couldn’t be happier with what I found. This recipe below is something that teaches us, reminds us of our blessings and could become a family tradition for years to come. Enjoy.
American Blessings Mix
- 2 cups Bugles brand corn snacks
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup dried fruit bits or raisins
- 1 cup peanuts or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup M&Ms chocolate candy
- 16 Hershey’s chocolate kisses
In a large bowl, gently mix all ingredients except Hershey’s Kisses. Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup Blessing Mix in small cellophane treat bags. Add one Hershey’s Kiss to each bag. Close bag with chenille stem or twist-tie.
- Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our Nation’s abundance.
- Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by the founders of our country.
- Candy Corn: Sacrifices of the Pilgrim’s first winter. Food was so scarce that the settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn per day.
- Nut or Seeds: Promise of a future harvest, one will reap only if seeds are planted and tended to with diligence.
- Dried Fruits: Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.
- M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
- Hershey’s Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives
This was posted on a chat room, and I don’t have the “real” name of the person responsible for it. If you read this and you are the creator, please let me know, so I can give you credit. Until then, here is the link.
Happy Thanksgiving, All. I’m thankful for you and wish you a wonderful holiday.